We are a forward thinking and growing online business that creates joy and happiness for our customers by selling balloons and party supplies! We need an enthusiastic and detail focussed person to replace our current awesome Videographer, Rob, who is leaving after 4 exciting years with us creating our popular YouTube brand, BMTV (https://www.youtube.com/c/balloonmarket)
In a nutshell we are looking for someone who will be responsible for all aspects of production of all our YouTube, Vimeo and podcast content. Our brand is increasingly built around our YouTube channel, so the maintenance of our already high production values is essential. We put out a weekly show as well as supplementary shows / content. There are usually 5-10 projects on the go at any one time. Our Vimeo platform is where we sell our paid-for content
- Planning and implementing a video production strategy in line with the business strategy working closely with Greg, the main person in front of the camera.
- Filming multi-camera shoots in our studio and single camera shoots on location.
- Setting up lighting and recording audio to a high standard.
- Editing video to a tight deadline (usually film on a Tuesday afternoon for release on Thursday morning with the trailer for the show being released on the day of filming)
- Exporting and uploading video content for our YouTube channel and Vimeo channel.
- Confident enough to direct the people in front of the camera.
- Creating attractive thumbnails for YouTube videos and all our social platforms.
- Creating great Vimeo pages in line with our brand.
- Exporting and uploading podcasts to various platforms.
- Photography to support video content.
- Managing responses to comments on our Youtube channel in a timely manner.
- Transcribing shows for our blog each week and formatting on blog (Wordpress)
- Uploading videos natively to social platforms.
- Send weekly emails using Mailchimp and manging email lists.
There will be other stuff too as we’re a small team (currently 21 of us). If it gets busy in the warehouse, we all jump on the orders!
You need to be able to work in an open-plan office whilst focussing on your own workload. You feel completely at home in an online environment. You believe in excellent customer service as this is at the heart of everything, even the video production. You’ll be:
- Extremely detail focussed and able to produce video content quickly to a high-standard.
- Flexible and able to work with different software and adapt to new challenges.
- Organised - We produce videos on a very tight schedule and planning is key to ensure deadlines are met.
- Passionate about video / audio content and willing to bring fresh ideas to challenges to an existing YouTube brand.
- Technically skilled in all aspects of video and audio production.
- Keen to further your skills and teach yourself new ones using the software available to you.
- Able to solve problems as they occur and find a solution be it a filming or editing challenge.
- Technically experienced in Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop and Microsoft packages.
- Degree in Film or TV production (or equivalent).
- Previous filming and editing experience.
- Experience in Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop required. Adobe Audition and After Effects would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of video codecs for web distribution.
- The most important qualification is that you are enthusiastic about what you do.
- HTML knowledge would be beneficial.
- £18k + dependent on experience.
- Full-time role.
- Free parking.
- Free refreshments.
- A small, friendly team where your ideas and suggestions are welcomed and your commitment rewarded.
- A busy but fun environment where time at work will never drag!
- Somewhere you can wear jeans to work.
- 28 days holiday per year.
- £100 free balloons and party supplies each year.
- Hundreds of discounts with big names through Perkbox after 3 months.
If you think you this job is a good fit for you, we would like to hear from you. Please apply with your CV, a link to examples of your work, and a letter explaining why you would be the right person for this role.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.