Student Placement - Project Engineer
The main purpose of the role is to assist in commissioning and installing Broadcast Media Solutions internationally in a professional and timely fashion. Working with a Project manager to deliver the system to an agreed specification through the project life cycle. This may include visiting customer sites both in nationally and internationally.
- Assist in the building and commissioning of the project.
- Carrying out the tasks required to deliver the project to the agreed specification.
- Reporting progress and issues to internal stakeholders.
- Debugging and resolving issues.
- Gathering data and reporting back to the development department for resolution.
- Linux OS.
- Applications integration with business systems via the use of XML as the interchange format.
- Scripting languages
- Basic SQL.
- Fault finding, problem solving and good reporting skills.
- Interest in IT
- Enthusiasm for new technologies – Hobbies, clubs etc
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.