The Administration team at EMBL-EBI are looking for an experienced team administrator. The successful candidate will work as part of a three person team that provide administrative support to the Head of Administration and Operations and the wider Administrative Management group. The role will provide administrative support to the HR, Finance, Strategic Project Management Office, Health and Safety and Facilities teams.
The main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Provide administrative support to the Administrative Management Team and groups including organising meetings, record keeping, conferences, retreats and other events;
- Provide a full range of administrative services, as required to support the Head of Administrations interactions wider Administration Network, which comprise of approximately 60 members;
- In the absence of the Head of Admins PA role provide cover to the Head of Administration & Operations and support other members of the office
- Organise the Administrative network’s travel arrangements, including booking of flights, accommodation, taxis and reimbursement of costs;
- Manage the diaries of the Administrative Managers as needed;
- Maintain appropriate records;
- Ensure group staff travel reimbursement claims are processed through EMBL’s SAP system;
Maintain group annual leave records;
- Be the central contact point for travel booking queries liaising with other institute travel bookers and liaising centrally
- Process group orders through SAP purchasing;
- Support visitors to the institute, which may include assisting them with travel arrangements and travel reimbursing;
- Take telephone calls, replay messages as appropriate, receiving visitors, redirecting queries;
- Maintain appropriate filing systems;
- Provide more detailed administrative support in the areas of HR and Finance as required including supporting interview practical arrangements and scanning paper copies to support record keeping.
- Provide occasional reception cover
- The ideal candidate should have proven experience within an administrative position and must be confident in their ability to deal with tasks for a demanding group.
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of Windows, MS office applications, email and Web applications.
- They should be confident in their ability to learn how to use new software and applications as the need arises.
- The successful candidate should have excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and to tight deadlines, and to use initiative is essential.
- S(he) will also need to demonstrate an ability to work flexibly and as part of a team.
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation. The remuneration package comprises a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme and health insurance, educational and other family related benefits where applicable, as well as financial support for relocation and installation. For more information about pay and benefits click here
We have an informal culture, international working environment and excellent professional development opportunities but one of the really amazing things about us is the concentration of technical and scientific expertise – something you probably won’t find anywhere else.
If you’ve ever visited the campus you’ll have experienced first-hand our friendly, collegial and supportive atmosphere, set in the beautiful Cambridgeshire countryside. Our staff also enjoy excellent sports facilities including a gym, a free shuttle bus, an on-site nursery, cafés and restaurant and a library.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.