Placement Software Developer
Avco Systems Ltd. are a modern, growing Software Development business based in Slough, UK.
We work with some of the largest businesses in the UK, Europe and America to help them develop, support, maintain and host their large software projects. We have a sharp focus on client satisfaction, rapid feedback and ongoing improvement, so we are looking to grow our team with some forward thinking, enthusiastic people that will help continue to drive the business forward.
Want to work as part of a software development team, but have no experience? We can teach you everything you might not know about software development, whilst you get involved in some of our exciting projects. If you're passionate about technology and enjoy the challenges of working in a dynamic role then you could be just who we're looking for.
What's it like to work with us?
You'll work closely with a great team of fun, but focused, like-minded Software Developers and IT Ops colleagues. Get to grow your skills and experiment with new tools, techniques and technologies on a wide variety of projects.
We are always looking for the right person to join our fast-growing team of knowledgeable, friendly and forward-thinking individuals, and there's plenty of reasons why you should consider joining us:
- Excellent job security - we've been growing for 30 years and have maintained a consistent financial growth year-on-year.
- Room to grow - all voices are heard, and anyone can expand beyond their job role.
- Stay in shape for free - with our onsite gym.
- Good location - ample parking and walking distance to the well-connected Slough train station.
- Games room - unwind with a game of pool, table tennis, Xbox and more.
- Latest technology - take the opportunity to stay at the forefront of the IT industry.
- Write high quality software that meets our organisation's coding standards.
- Work as part of a team throughout the entire SDLC journey. You'll get to plan, develop, execute, deploy and support software development projects.
- Perform code reviews and encourage a culture of high quality engineering.
- Locate and fix defects in software.
- Meet and work with clients to ensure that overall business needs are being met.
- Understand Business Requirements and contribute to design discussions.
- Assist to produce specifications and designs where required.
- Deal with occasional, technical customer enquiries and manage any issues through to a conclusion.
- Assist to deploy, maintain and support applications both in our datacentre and remotely in our clients’ data centres.
- Work closely with other areas of the business to support client requirements.
- Guide and mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Help build the team to further support the business.
- Provide clear updates on progress to the team as well as clients.
You might be ideal for this role if you understand much of the following, have the experience to prove it, and you're up to the challenge of learning the rest:
- SQL and basic database administration skills (MS-SQL, MySQL, etc).
- Unit testing - it's role and importance in software development.
- Source Control (Git is preferred, but experience of any other system would be acceptable)
- Formal qualifications are expected, but not essential.
If you think we're a good fit for you then don't hesitate to get in touch with us, or check out our website for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.