Graduate intern - International Office
2 days left
- Full Time
The Solent Graduate Internship Scheme is a fantastic way to gain paid graduate level experience in a supportive and professional environment alongside careers training and support from Solent Futures, the University’s careers and employability service. This could be the perfect stepping stone to achieving your ambitions.
To support the International Office in the development of a communication plan for internal and external customers and to support in the delivery of conversion activities for 2018/19.
- Undertake desk research of International Office comparator websites and report on findings.
- Make recommendations to improve the sections relating to international activities on the Solent website.
- Work with Line Manager to develop a set of social media principles for the office.
- Work with Enquiries & Events, the Admissions and Marketing Teams to gain an understanding of the University’s CRM system.
- Compile a database/network of Student Ambassadors, with support from the International Recruitment Team, to facilitate conversion activities.
- Support in the arrangement of appropriate training for Student Ambassadors.
- Liaise with the relevant teams across the University to ensure all data gathered from conversion campaigns is entered on the CRM and provide regular data reporting on conversion activities.
- Facilitate conversion activities through the use of Bonjoro, Whatsapp, call and email campaigns (training will be given).
- Other activities as agreed with the Director of the International Office.
- 2018 Undergraduate Degree from Solent University
- Excellent working knowledge of software packages such as Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good knowledge of social media platforms
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Understanding of international activities within the University (desirable)
- Working to deadlines
- Team Working
- Working with confidential information and data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Good administrative and organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills
I’m interested, can and how do I apply?
This opportunity is only available for 2018 Solent graduates, who have not previously been involved in any other Solent-funded graduate internship or placement programme. You must have not been part in the Micro-placement Scheme June-July 2018, to be able to apply for this role.
To be eligible to apply for this post you must be a graduate with an undergraduate degree from Solent University from this year (July 2018) and not studying towards a postgraduate qualification. You need to be available for work from February 2019. The role will finish in October 2019.
You must be eligible to work in the UK full-time without restriction. If you are an overseas graduate you will need to have a visa that is valid for the duration of the role.
To apply please complete the attached application form under Supporting documents below, and attach it after you click the ‘Apply’ button of this advert. Applicants who do not complete the application form will not be considered for this post. Closing date is midnight on the 16 December.
We are Confident. We are Progressive. We are Inclusive. We Are Solent.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advise that you ensure your application is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. If possible, you could visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your application checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.