Festival Assistant Internship
6 days left
- Full Time
Mainstage Festivals currently operates Snowboxx Festival and Kala Festival. Snowboxx is a Snow and Music Festival held in the French Alps and takes place in March every year. Kala was launched this summer on the coast of Albania. The first ever international festival to take place in Albania and was considered a resounding success across the industry.
Snowboxx Festival was launched in 2012 and over the past 5 years has grown to become one of Europe’s biggest snow festivals with almost 6,000 people attending from the UK and Europe. The event takes place in the beautiful ski resort of Avoriaz, France and features an amazing collection of international artists, incredible skiing and a full programme of experiences.
Kala Festival takes place along the Albanian Riviera, a prime new festival destination that features a mountainous backdrop that overlooks crystal clear waters. The festival will be taking place in the middle of June each year and will host a selection of carefully chosen music acts that cross through genres like disco, funk, house and anything that you can picture dancing away on a secluded beach too.
Mainstage Festivals will be launching new projects in the coming years with further expansion to the team to manage a wider range of festivals and events.
Working alongside the Festival Director to deliver across a range of areas such as creative, content, production, sponsors, admin and logistics. The Festival Intern will gain invaluable experience working across a range of areas of the festival which will provide a great stepping stone into the industry. As part of the internship you will be expected to work at the festivals out in France and Albania as well as potentially some of the new festival are are looking at launching in 2019.
- Assisting on arranging travel and accommodation for staff, press and contractors
- Assisting on sponsor activations across the festivals
- Researching event suppliers, new locations and contacts
- Quote sourcing for festival requirements
- Reviewing schedules and project plans
- Working on innovative Content and Creative ideas
- Organising and tracking festival inventory
- Festival accreditation for staff, contractors and press
- Office administration
- We are looking for a reliable and organized individual to join our growing team here at Mainstage Festivals.
- The role will require a good eye for detail, able to manage workloads and have a passion for festivals.
- We are looking for candidates that are keen for a long term future in the events or festival industry.
- The individual would have either completed a course in Events Management or have prior experience working as an intern in another event based organisation.
- We are looking for someone who has either done an Events Management Degree or has previous experience in working an events based internship.
- Personal/ Skills
- An individual looking to progress within the events industry
- Highly organized and ability to work independently
- Ability to work as part of team and able to work in high stress situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Efficient in using Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Able to multitask and to prioritize accordingly
- Fun and outgoing
- Passionate about music, travel and festivals
- Possessing a valid driver’s license and clean driving record would be an advantage
How to apply
If you feel you are the right person for this role, then please send across your CV twith responses the below questions. Please keen the answers short and brief.
- Why do you want to work here?
- Out of Snowboxx and Kala Festivals, which do you think would prefer to go to and why?
- What is your favourite festival you have seen or been to? What makes this stand out from the rest?
- If money was not an issue and you were asked to create a completely new event or festival, what would you create? This just needs to be a simple idea and concept, not in depth.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.