Business Summer Placement
Are you a bright and cool-headed undergraduate with an eye for business? Are you ready to take your next steps in the world of business? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future in business? So do we and we think our summer placement is the place to start. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey? If yes start your business career with us at Siemens!
Siemens Financial Services Limited (SFS) is a subsidiary of Siemens plc, providing innovative finance solutions to UK businesses and public sector organisations. With more than 250,000 customers, we have arranged finance for 90 of the current FTSE 100 companies and more than 50% of NHS trusts and local authorities. We provide solutions ranging from £1,500 to many millions for a diverse range of financing needs. This is a unique opportunity to work in an exciting, influential growth sector of Siemens UK, where you will gain experience working in multiple functions within Siemens asset finance business.
You will have the chance to sit in a seat for the summer in one of our various roles such as Sales, Underwriting, Operations, and Asset Management throughout a 12 week period, providing you with an excellent opportunity to learn the key fundamentals driving an Asset Leasing business. You will be supporting the existing team in a fully operational role and you could be involved in both project based assignments and cross-functional working. During this time you will build a compliment of skills that will enable you to take on a professional role and hopefully return to us after your degree.
- Contribute to your team’s performance in Financial, Strategic, Cultural, and Individual targets centered around the continued high performance of the business and in line with SFS core values
- Identify, design, implement then manage process improvement initiatives for immediate team and wider business units
- Experience 360° Feedback with Management regarding your current development and performance
- Participate in and lead SFS Region North meetings, projects and events, as well as actively contributing to wider company initiatives
- You will be studying towards a degree in any discipline with an interest in Business or Economics.
- Work experience in a business environment would be beneficial but not essential
- You will have the self-determination and ability to drive your own development throughout the summer.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.