Cyber Security Analyst - 2019 Summer Internship
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
- Whilst on placement you will interact with other specialist areas within ICT, such as architecture, networking, service desk support and infrastructure.
- This is a hands-on placement working on live systems; although you will be closely supervised and supported you will also have the opportunity to work on assigned cyber research activities and assist with security and infrastructure projects.
- The placement is an unmatched real-life work experience opportunity working with a busy SoC in a dynamic aerospace environment.
- We are looking for a self-motivated undergraduate who can contribute and hold their own in a constantly evolving industry, and wishes to pursue a career the expanding field of cyber security.
- A keen eye for detail, an approach to innovative thinking and can problem solve using analytical techniques
- A good understanding of basic IT concepts, and a keen interest in cyber security
- The ability to deliver high quality work both as part of a team and independently
- The ability to communicate technical information effectively in a clear and concise manner
- We generally only consider applications from second/third year computing degree students but depending on the modules we can accept applications from other degrees.
- This is your chance to join our internship programme within our ICT Cyber Security Team, providing undergraduate students the opportunity to gain valuable experience in Cyber Security analysis as part of a dedicated and experienced Security Operations Team.
- You will gain experience with various commercial cyber security tools, be involved in threat hunting and investigations, and help research upcoming threats and plan remediation to keep the business one step ahead of attackers.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.