Software Developer Placement - Documentation Team
Join Unity’s global Documentation team and help us take our award-winning docs to the next level for millions of Unity users worldwide. We’re looking for a talented student with passion and drive, a technical aptitude, and a keen interest in developing world-class tools.
As part of Unity’s Engineering division, our growing Docs team works with colleagues across the world, from development teams through to Support, Community, QA, Marketing, and User Experience. You’ll join a talented, dynamic team of technical writers, content managers, software developers, and information architects working across countries and time zones to support a passionate, growing community of developers and artists.
This position is a paid internship for 1 year, starting in summer 2019 and based in Brighton.
- Get to work with a large, globally distributed team
- Help develop frontend and backend code for a major service
- Help review code quality, behaviour and performance
- Help maintain, promote and document the system
- Help with business analysis, requirements gathering and planning
- You are currently studying at University looking for a placement year
- A strong understanding of object-oriented programming and more complicated language features like events and lambda statements
- Experience developing software with Git and GitHub
- Comfortable researching new subjects, and a desire to learn and be challenged
- Understanding of web technologies and service architecture
- Knowledge and experience of .NET ecosystem
- Knowledge and experience of Web APIs and HTTP development
- Interest in developing skills such as product management, business analysis and business analytics