2 days left
- Full Time
As a market leader in the cruise industry, Carnival operate spectacular ships all over the world. Join our culinary team as a Culinary Specialist where you will work across our iconic brands Cunard and P&O. Based with within Carnival House office, your time will be split between Carnival House and the CUK Development Kitchen with substantial on board fleet travel.
Sitting within CUK’s Food and Beverage department, your primary objective will be to implement the culinary innovations in line with both brands. Supporting the development Chefs in culinary project actively you will develop menus and our dining experience. You will work with team’s shoreside and on board our ships to deliver exciting and innovative concepts. You will also be responsible for ensuring that implemented food concepts are being maintained on board at the required standard in ensuring that both plate presentations, recipes and service standards are adhered to by the on board teams.
- Provide onboard operational support working under the remit from the culinary development team.
- Facilitating full and successful concept implementations through training activity with clear communication and direction to the onboard teams.
- Page 2 of 5 Assisting the development Chefs in culinary project activity both within the development kitchen and onboard.
- Conducting continual culinary craft training on a rolling basis. Assisting in development kitchen tasting panel presentations.
- Providing operational verification in respect of recipes, plate presentations and service standards.
- Effectively problem solving in respect of implementation challenges ensuring effective embedment.
- Share knowledge and best practice across CUK.
- Manage through effective communication of individual brand objectives, KPIs and effective reporting.
- Work with key stakeholders outside of immediate area to improve knowledge of the operational capabilities of the ship F&B facilities.
- Identify cost management efficiencies across the fleet.
- Page 3 of 5 Work closely with Development Team to agree item specifications and to provide guidance and expertise in the product and yield testing process.
- Recognised Food Technology Qualifications and background.
- Excellent knowledge of Marine Public Health, HACCP & USPH requirements.
- Experience of working and developing menus in a diverse, commercial environment
- Significant experience of working in innovative food environments where exceptional standards of food quality. Ability to influence and inspire and communicate at a number of levels of an organisation
- Proven track record in food production in a large scale Catering environment.
- Clear track record of culinary skills in a commercial environment.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.