CRM Data Modeller
- Full Time
Carnival UK has big plans for the future! Already the market leader, CUK (which operates the P&O Cruises and Cunard Brands) will grow by 50% by 2022 as we add new ships to the fleet and further transform the industry by making cruising a mainstream holiday for UK guests.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly capable CRM Data Modeller to help deliver even better holidays for customers of our leading travel brands, from within our growing Insight team.
We are looking for a fantastic insight professional to be the SME in answering business questions through data by looking at customer bases, building data models and making recommendations to the business about the changing consumer trends for both P&O Cruises and Cunard. You’ll be passionate about our Guests’ experience, an expert in looking at the effectiveness of the allocated budget and how marketing activities positively translate into bottom line, which will all contribute to creating unforgettable holiday happiness for our guests!
- With others, lead the application of data modeling within guest data analytics to support and develop guest centric strategies.
- Develop toolkits to support the measurement and understanding of our targets and KPIs, delivering insight into understanding the key drivers of performance.
- Develop an understanding of different guests needs and applies this to formulate and enhance CRM journeys.
- Work closely with other analysts, digital team and marketers to share knowledge, evaluate opportunities and pro-actively recommend improvements in data, systems, experimentation and propositions.
- Coach the team and wider organisation in understanding guest data modelling techniques and guest analytics to ensure guest data is placed at the heart of the decision making process.
- Build diverse relationships based on visible differences and differences in styles, thinking, and approaches. Recognise and value the perspective and thinking provided by people of different backgrounds and cultures.
- Champion the use of guest data in commercial, marketing and business decision making.
- Build relationships with commercial and brand teams at all levels to understand objectives, operational needs, development plans and commercial performance to grow the influence of customer insightsanalytics.
- Proactively understand stakeholders and commercial needs, develop briefs which deliver against them. Consider all options to address this need from deep analysis to existing or self serve insight. With the wider analytics team, prioritise opportunities to maximise the benefit to both short term and long term profitability.
- Understand the impact of guest experience on guest sourcing, retention and advocacy.
- Contribute to the understanding of the impact of commercial, marketing and sales activities on guest satisfaction.
- Contribute to the measurement of commercial initiatives’ impact on guest satisfaction.
- Is comfortable manipulating and analysing complex, high-volume, and multidimensional data from varying sources in a Cloud environment (AWS or Google Cloud Platform).
- Has an expert knowledge of analysis tools and languages such as Python or R.
- Has previous experience in building classification models using techniques like regression, random forests, XGBoost etc.
- Has a good understanding of data architecture and data engineering.
- Strong data visualisation skills using tools such as Tableau Experience in A/B Testing
- Manipulating data and creating reports using MS Excel, SQL, R & Python.
- Ability to interpret complex data and make appropriate business recommendations.
- Significant experience in statistical data analysis.
- Experience in presenting information to groups and individuals effectively and persuasively.
- Have a passion discovering new trends and innovative data driven ideas that help us optimise CRM strategy.
- Strive in a constantly changing environment and adapt easily to changing requirements and priorities.
- Enjoy fact finding, assessing and analysing data and working out what is at the heart of the issue in a calm and logical manner.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.