A C Marine & Composites is seeking a capable and proficient Composite Engineer to join our team. Reporting directly to the MD, you will need to work with an open and supportive approach whilst achieving the required deliverables within the realms of all safety, regulatory and budgetary requirements.
The role will, inter alia, cover all aspects of composite engineering from concept through to product optimisation. Applicants will need to demonstrate a practical engineering background with an in-depth understanding of composite materials and structures. Good organisation, communication and team working skills are essential.
- Able to manage own performance against agreed goal and objectives, accountable for quality, timely delivery and budget
- Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance
- Good leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and team engagement
- Continual analysis and evolution of process to improve cost, quality and time deliverables
- Structural and Aesthetic review of various composite projects (including the use of FEA)
- Report writing to document findings and report back to the relevant parties
- Facilitate all elements of manufacturing engineering such as process planning, tooling, inspection criteria / equipment, lean methodologies
- Support the tooling function, identify tooling needs and support tool design from concept through to final design
- Support the quality function through integration of QC documentation
- Track/drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for production issues
- Bachelor of Science in Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree or equivalent
- Proven experience within a composite manufacturing engineering environment; ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience in both the design and manufacture of composite components
- Project management skills
- In-depth knowledge of composite manufacturing process
- Positive approach to challenging situations
- Strong leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and team engagement
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including stakeholder management
- Ability to manage multiple complex assignments & priorities and achieve results
- Strong organisational skills with a high attention to detail
- Highly effective problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.