A C Marine & Composites is seeking a capable and proficient Project Manager to join our team. Reporting directly to the MD, you will need to work with an open and supportive approach whilst achieving the required deliverables within the realms of all safety, regulatory and budgetary requirements.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a practical background with an in-depth understanding of composite materials and structures. Good organisation, communication and team working skills are essential.
- Leading and managing entire project teams, project planning to ensure that projects come in on time and budget, to the highest standards.
- Taking responsibility for all documentation including drawings.
- Responding to clients, contractors and team member’s queries (including at unsociable times were required.
- Highlighting and assigning out areas of responsibility, ensuring the project is consistently running smoothly and in line with all HSE and ISO requirements.
- Integrating Lean Management into manufacturing processes and procedures (e.g. Six Sigma) to introduce cost savings via improved methods of work.
- Ensure that all company operating and training procedures / manuals are adequately documented / maintained and updated on a regular basis.
- Ensure high rates of efficiency and compliance are met.
- Prince2 or APMP qualification.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, ideally hands on management style.
- Extensive experience in the composites sector and proven track record of project managing on time, to budget and to high standards of quality.
- Quality focused, attention to detail and ability to assist with continuous improvement initiatives within the company.
- Have demonstrable experience of Six Sigma practices.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills, drive, determination and passion.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.