Allocator / MAA - Business Placement
5 days left
- Full Time
The Debenhams Business Placement Programme is designed for current 2nd year university students wanting an industrial placement or "sandwich" year as part of their degree course.
Starting in July 2019 and running for a period of 52 weeks, this exciting programme in Allocation offers you the opportunity to kick start your career and expand your existing experience.
At the end of this placement you will return to university with a real insight into how a Retail Support Centre office operates and the different careers within.
From day one you’ll enjoy real responsibility working as part of the Allocation team. You will gain exposure to all stages of the Allocation process whilst working closely alongside the Buying and Planning Teams, as well as stores.
- You will be working efficiently within the Distribution and Merchandising teams by providing analytical and administrative support to ensure accurate distribution of stock to all our Debenhams stores.
- Allocating new ranges of stock to appropriate stores and
- Replenishing stores after sales.
- You will be able to analyse numerical data to identify issues and
- Interpret trends to provide recommendations for the Merchandising teams, often on past sales and on potential future sales.
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Confident in working with large amounts of data with good attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of the basic merchandising principles
- Organised and able to plan and prioritise your workload
- Excellent communication skills and be able to work well within a team.
- Professional approach and be able to display self-motivation and enthusiasm for a career in Merchandising.
- Up to 25% discount in stores and online
- Access to external discounts and promotions through Perks@Debenhams
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Access to In-house Sample Sales
- Early Finish Fridays on Pay Day
- Subsidised Restaurant
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.