A new and exciting opportunity to develop leadership skills has arisen at Townhill Junior School. We are looking to appoint a dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring class teacher and Year Leader, to support our learners in the journey towards excellence. This role would be an excellent opportunity to move to the next level in your career, with a reasonability for leading and facilitating exceptional learning in a specific year team. You must have Qualified Teacher Status in the UK, or an equivalent overseas qualification with UK teaching experience. We are looking for a team member who is passionate about delivering quality first teaching for all pupils, and who is keen to develop professionally We are also a school with significant strength in the CPD of staff, developing our teachers for the next stage of their careers, as at Townhill Juniors we know that 'Learning is the key to success'.
- Plan and teach lessons and sequences of lessons to the classes they are assigned to teach within the context of the school’s plans, curriculum and schemes of work.
- Assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of assigned pupils.
- Participate in arrangements for preparing pupils for external examinations/ tests (where necessary).
- Work with others on curriculum and/or pupil development to secure coordinated outcomes.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the school’s policies, practices and procedures in such a way as to support the school’s values and vision.
- Maintain good order and discipline among pupils.
- Promote the safety and well-being of pupils.
- Direct and supervise support staff assigned to them and where appropriate, other teachers.
- Contribute to the recruitment, selection, appointment and professional development of other teachers and support staff (where necessary).
- Deploy resources delegated to them.
- Collaborate and work with colleagues and other relevant professionals within and beyond the school, where necessary
- Believe in education that offers purposeful, skills based learning where children are at the heart of everything?
- Have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills?
- Have enthusiasm, dedication and a great sense of humour?
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.