Young Carers Fundraising Worker
We are looking for a passionate, outgoing person with excellent communication and organisational skills to raise much needed funds and source new free equipment for our Young Carers Project. We are looking for someone who can both identify potential companies and organisations who may wish to donate to, or sponsor, particular activities and someone who can help to organise the odd fundraising event. This is a flexible role when it comes to working hours and with discussion has potential, for the most part, to slot around your schedule.
- Organising and running fundraising activities.
- Approaching companies and other organisations asking for donations of funds and/or equipment.
- Liaising with companies and other organisations to set up the occasional sponsorship of young carer activities, trips and special events.
- Meet with staff members to identify the fundraising goals, every few months.
- A commitment to volunteer for a minimum of 8 hours a month.
- This role can be completely flexible depending on your circumstances and computer access.
- Any training required is usually held during normal working hours but every effort will be made to fit around your schedule or give plenty of notice.
- Any meetings will be held during a working week but timing can be flexible to fit around pre-existing commitments. Please feel free to enquire for more information.
- Reliable, hard working.
- Good organisation and record keeping skills.
- Ability to think outside the box and problem solve.
- Ability to find potential sources to donate equipment as well as funds.
- Passionate about raising funds for Eastleigh Young Carers.
- Confident and outgoing.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic admin, computer and letter writing skills.
- Experience of approaching companies would be an advantage.
- Experience of charity fund raising would be an advantage.
- Reasonable travel expenses will be paid.
- Being available for volunteer meetings.
- Access to a computer would be an advantage.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.
Please note this opportunity is unpaid. Southampton Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx