Young Carers Skill Sharer
We are looking for talented people who would be happy to share and teach their skills to others, this maybe through a one off session or over several sessions. Whether it is an art & craft skill, sporting skill, technological knowhow or an interesting hobby, we’d love to hear from you and arrange for you to come to one of our clubs to run a session sharing your skill.
- Giving young carers the opportunity to learn new skills. Running a club session based on your skill. Working with groups of young carers on a project based around your skill.
- Term time
- Tuesdays – Club in Eastleigh, 4:30pm-6pm, (2nd, 3rd and 4th of every month)
- Wednesdays – Mixed aged Social Skills (1st of every month)
- Club in Lowford, 6:15pm-7:45pm, (2nd, 3rd, 4th of every month)
- Thursdays – Club in Hedge End, 5-6:30pm, (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th of every month)
- Life Skills
- Will have one session a month and rotate between the three clubs. Social skills club will not be part of the rotation.
- Occasional extra opportunities can come up from time to time but these will mainly be weekday evenings and rarely weekends.
- School holidays
- We run an extensive activity programme over the school holidays. We aim for a minimum of two trips/activities for every week of a holiday. They can be scheduled for any week day and the occasional weekend. The holiday schedule is confirmed 2 months before the first day.
- An ability to show and teach your skill to young people.
- Confidence to talk in front of a group of young people.
- A responsible, reliable, warm, friendly, nurturing person.
- Flexibility, confidence and good social skills.
- A good role model to young people.
- An ability to build healthy relationships with young people.
- An ability to encourage young people to achieve their goals.
- An understanding of child protection, confidentiality, and boundaries
- Reasonable travel expenses will be paid.
- Reasonable material costs will be met.
- A DBS check may be required.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.
Please note this opportunity is unpaid. Southampton Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact email@example.com .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx