The Print Centre is looking to recruit a Print Finisher to join its very successful in-house team, part of iSolutions, the University’s ICT service.
Reporting to The Design and Print Services manager, the post of Print Finisher requires a broad range of experience working in a fast-paced and creative environment.
- Operating of various printing and finishing equipment from large to small format
- Educated to NVQ2, GCSE, City or Guilds or equivalent skill level
- An understanding of the print industry, including production and finishing of printed items
- Flexible approach using your knowledge of the printing industry to find solutions
- Experience of loading, setting up, printing, finishing and delivery of printed items
- We are looking for someone able to demonstrate resourcefulness
- Initiative and commitment to ownership of the work assigned to you
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks
- We expect extremely high standards of quality and accuracy
- Working within a team of highly motivated individuals with commitment to achieving deadlines and client satisfaction
- We’re looking for someone who understands the variety of print production and finishing processes and is able to translate this into a professional customer-oriented service
- Training will be provided for all equipment and relevant systems to the successful candidate
- All training will be to industry standards and may lead to industry qualifications
- The University offers excellent benefits including the opportunity to develop your career in a professional, friendly and pleasant working environment, as well as an occupational pension scheme, generous holidays, gym, and childcare facilities
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.