Junior PHP Web Developer
Come and work for one of the largest, fast-moving and dynamic web design and development agencies in the Southwest, with offices in both Salisbury and Covent Garden (London).
- As a Junior Web Developer, you will join a busy team of highly experienced and capable developers in our Salisbury office; working directly with our Project Managers, design team and high profile clients to plan and develop web based sites and solutions.
- Working directly with the client to understand and carry out the brief in a highly effective manner.
- Work with Project & Technical Managers, Support team, other developers and designers to create high quality web-based solutions.
- Help plan, design and implement solutions that meet the client’s brief, on time and within budget. Develop solutions in a highly effective and efficient manner, making optimum use of the resources provided to you and the time/budget allocated.
- Create code that is error-free and based on industry standards.
- Understand how to build effective websites, that employ good information architecture, navigation systems and usability
- You will need to have a background in developing websites and applications, any commercial experience is a big bonus.
- We will be expecting you to rapidly learn the popular Open Source platforms Drupal & WordPress so any familiarity with these it is a distinct advantage. You will be mentored by a team of senior developers.
- You will be passionate about the web, with a confident, credible and professional approach to work. It is expected that you will have:
- An understanding of modern web technologies and an interest in development trends
- A good deal of foresight and a keenness to learn new technologies and push the boundaries of your own capabilities.
- Willing to learn new technologies and potentially approach problems in new ways .
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and being able to follow instructions, and in some cases giving instructions
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Be self-starter with a high level of professionalism, confidence and credibility.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Not be afraid of learning on the job
- The ability to perform well under a high pressure environment
- 20 days holiday
- Government pension scheme
- Flexible hours
- Child care voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Regular social nights out
- Pizza and Prosecco Fridays
- Free fruit, coffee etc.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.