Support Sessional Worker
Active Communities Network is a sport for development charity which uses sport as a pathway into education, training and employment. ACN aim to tackle poverty, create opportunities and inspire change. Our vision is simple; A world where everyone has the same opportunity to succeed regardless of background.
We currently have four offices to spread across the UK which help to develop work around the South, South East and North of England as well as Northern Ireland. In addition, our office in Cape Town is a great hub for our work across South Africa.
- Active Communities Network’s Hampshire project delivers a fast growing community activity programme, and so we are looking to recruit a casual staff base of coaches and youth workers who are motivated and driven to work with community style and participant led multi-sport activities.
- Regular activity hours per term will be available with hours offered primarily between hours of 2.30pm-8pm Monday-Friday.
- Immediate start date – or to be discussed on application.
- Applicants must have a First Aid Certificates and Enhanced DBS (formally CRB) check for children and young people.
- Ideally, coaches and youth workers will also have some experience of coaching within a community setting and working with young people displaying risk taking behaviours.
To apply for this role, please send a covering email and cv detailing your relevant sports qualifications and/or youth work experience plus your regular availability by email ASAP to Charlotte Bishop, email@example.com or call 02393 686123 for more information.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.