Rail Commercial Management Graduate Programme
Joining GWR as a Commercial Management Graduate you will be provided with the opportunity to operate as part of the commercial team in roles aligned to areas such as train services, marketing, retail, or business management. Progression can be rapid for those who show initiative and who develop opportunities.
- Research: researching specific topics to draft reports and presentations;
- Analysis: consolidating data, developing themes and insights; and
- Project delivery: preparing project plans and facilitating timely delivery.
In addition to the above, as you gain more experience you may find yourself involved in:
- identifying issues and forming hypotheses and solutions;
- presenting findings and recommendations;
- developing ideas and negotiating with partners;
- managing projects and programmes; and
- writing evidenced based delivery plans as part of the project submissions.
Ours is an industry that's always on the move. So, you'll need the flexibility to adapt to an ever-changing environment, as you may find yourself on placements throughout the GWR network, from Exeter to Paddington or Swindon to Bristol. You'll move around our various commercial functions to ensure you obtain as much exposure as possible to our industry.
- You don't need any previous experience in the transport industry, just the passion, enthusiasm and curiosity to understand how the business operates and the ability to align yourself with the business goals and values.
- To be high-reaching with your sights set on a management role
- Some solid strategic awareness and the ability to see the bigger picture with strong commercial awareness
- The ability to build positive relationships and collaborate with your colleagues at every level
- To have a real customer focus, being able to put the customer at the heart of everything you do to ensure the best customer experience
- A focus on safety and the importance of ensuring safety for yourself, the customer and your colleagues
- You'll need to have achieved or be expected to achieve at least a 2:2 in any degree – though business related degrees are preferable
- We offer a competitive salary, travel benefits, pension scheme, buy as you earn and save as you earn share schemes as well as discount and cash back programmes with high street and online retailers.
- We'll also offer you development opportunities which include:
- development programmes and courses for continued professional development (CPD) and to develop specific skills, knowledge and abilities;
- networking; and if applicable
- opportunities to apply for professional training in field of interest that is relevant for your role;
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.