UK Finance Placement
With over 500 employees based in this location, the UK business is responsible for delivering great entertainment to a range of platforms – cinema, TV, DVD, games, toys, as well as digitally. The UK Finance teams work closely with all divisions across multiple departments within Warner Bros. UK.
- Process and manage the company travel warrant scheme, issue warrants and maintain records
- Reconciliation of Business Travel Account, ensuring the vendor account is up to date.
- American Express - Manage the WB corporate card accounts, applications and queries for employees, maintain database
- Assembling, distributing and tracking weekly and monthly SOX reports
- Assist with the Office of National Statistics Surveys
- Accounts Receivable –Cheque deposits and reconciliations
- Filing of Bank Statements and archiving
- Theatrical Reporting – refresh and distribute spend reports to UK Marketing
- Review divisional Purchase Orders – work with UK Marketing on GR/IR issues
- Month end close activities (validations, cost center analysis, By Title and management reporting, accruals and recharges)
- Cashflow forecasting
- Other Ad-hoc tasks as requested.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and Word (SAP will also be used extensively but training will be provided)
- Should have solid GCSE and A-Levels, or equivalent
- Must be well organised & disciplined, with the ability to prioritise workloads & use time effectively
- Must be self-motivated & work with limited supervision
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner
- The ability to adapt to changes with minimal impact to productivity. To be able to handle multiple priorities and communicate changes to others in a timely manner.
- To be able to express themselves effectively, and maintain composure even in stressful situations.
- The ability to complete their share of the work and support team members with workload when needed.
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to break tasks down into manageable tasks
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.