At Lidl, we have over 700 stores that rely on the round-the-clock hard work of our warehouse teams to make sure they have all the products they need to sell to customers. As a warehouse operative, you’ll quickly become a dab-hand at the job once you’ve completed your basic training. That’s because the core tasks of order picking, repacking and shipping our stock to stores remain the same every day of the year. The challenge comes from working quickly, listening to your headset, picking the right stock every time, stacking it perfectly for deliveries and wrapping it tightly to be loaded onto the lorries. You’ll need to take pride in a job well done. Making sure the products arrive at our stores in perfect condition takes great concentration all the way through a demanding shift.
- Pick a variety of products including meat, wine, fruit, frozen and chilled items
- Listen carefully to picking instructions through your headset and carry them out at pace
- Make sure your deliveries are perfectly stacked and secure
- Report any damaged items to your manager
- Take responsibility for working through your orders independently
- Help out in any team tasks, such as cleaning equipment and checking stock
- Some experience of working in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- Willingness to work with all different types of stock, in temperature-controlled areas
- Good attention to detail when working quickly
- Self-motivation to work hard and do everything to the best of your ability
- Flexibility to work a range of different shift options, during the day or night
You will be well-rewarded for your work at Lidl. Not only will you be part of a secure, growing business, we’ll make sure you have quality training and progression opportunities if you want to develop a career with us. As well as your competitive hourly rate, starting from £8.75 with the ability to earn up to £9.87 (*dependent on experience), you will also get 30 days’ holiday, a pension scheme, discount on our products and corporate discounts on holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.