To support the School Business Manager in raising the visibility of USH by carrying out an effective marketing and communication plan in order to:
> Attract new students
> Celebrate our successes with our community
> Promote the profile of the school to a range of external audiences.
To work in partnership with the School Business Manager to:
- Develop, deliver and improve the school marketing strategy
- Create promotional materials
- Improve parental engagement (existing and prospective)
- Capture stakeholder feedback
- Input into the School’s marketing plans: gathering market intelligence and working with the Business Manager to analyse results
- Creation and implementation of a marketing calendar
- Proactively searching out information for PR purposes and drafting press releases
- Assisting with the creation and development of a new school website
- Maintaining a photo marketing library of and arranging new promotional photo shoots
- Working alongside school departments to raise their social media presence
- Assisting with the promotion, planning and organisation of key school events
- Assisting with advertising (printed media, outdoor and new media): Creative input into new advertising campaigns and assistance with proofreading, copy writing, editing copy and information collection
- Creation of a school alumni
- Gathering information on competitor schools and their marketing activities
Supporting the school
All staff in the school are expected to:
- Support the aims, values, mission and ethos of the school and participate in a team approach to all aspects of school life.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings and INSET days as required, and identify areas of personal practice and experience to develop.
- Take appropriate responsibility for safeguarding and children’s welfare and be aware of confidential issues linked to home/child/teacher/school and keep confidences appropriately.
- Be aware of health and safety issues and act in accordance with the school’s H&S Policy.
The postholder may be expected to carry out duties other than those given in the job description where the level of responsibility is similar and he/she has appropriate qualifications or receives appropriate training to carry out these duties.
The postholder must:
- Ensure that trust policies and procedures are implemented and followed;
- Work as appropriate with the Trust Central Services team in matters relating to finance, HR, IT and Health and Safety
Please note this opportunity is unpaid, and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities: