IT Graduate Scheme 2019
Taylor Wimpey is now recruiting for our 2019 IT Graduate Programme beginning in September 2019. The scheme aims to provide the successful applicant with a strong commercial grounding and an introduction to Information Technology within a FTSE 100 business. The IT Graduate Programme (ITGP) runs for a period of two years in which the graduate will receive a mixture of both operational and IT experiences working in the IT department, whilst actively working closely with our 5,000 business colleagues.
The graduate will also gain professional development for both soft and hard skills through attending internal and external training programmes, for example, IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Managing Successful Programmes (MSP).
In addition, we will also support the graduate to maintain their continuous professional development record with the BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.
The aim of the scheme is to place graduates into permanent management positions at the end of a 2 year programme and for those outstanding individuals fast track your development to a leadership role within 5 years.
The programme is broken into three rotations:
- IT partnering: four months
- IT business change: eight months
- IT service management: 12 months
- In summary, the graduate will commence in the IT Partnering teams where they will learn about the business as a whole, subsequently, they will undertake a role on project delivery and conclude with providing a Business as Usual IT service to the business.
- You will spend each rotation within the IT department but working in collaboration with our head office and regional business units.
- The timings of the rotations will have some flexibility, to allow for holidays and business demands.
- Full driving license and access to a car
- Eligible to work in the UK
- The ability to find innovative and creative solutions to solve problems
- The willingness to challenge the norm
- The ability to focus on the customer at all times
- In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
- Commercial experience or placement within a bluechip organisation – Preferred
- First or 2:1 degree – IT related degree preferred
- You will also have the opportunity to undertake more general commercial projects to widen your business breadth throughout the programme. Included but not limited to:
- Corporate social responsibility project
- Graduate business case challenge
- Graduate networking events
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.