Are you someone who loves to learn? Do you constantly seek out new opportunities? Would you like to experience life at the forefront of a dynamic, ever-changing industry? Then our internship opportunities could be just what you’re looking for.
We have a range of internship opportunities available, each lasting between 10 and 12 months. Designed to help you develop both personally and professionally, they make ideal university placements and are also suitable for graduates who want to see their careers really take off. Placements are available in the following areas:
- Airport Operations Centre, Airside & Baggage
- Engineering & Capital Projects
- Health and Safety
- Heathrow Expansion
- People Team (HR)
- Reputation (Communications)
- Security & Terminal Operations
The internship programme will start in early October 2019.
- Whichever area you choose, you’ll get to work on live projects with real responsibility and gain many valuable insights into your department.
- There will also be opportunities for you to explore the wider airport, shadowing roles across the business and building up your personal brand.
- Day to day, you could be doing anything from getting involved in community projects to presenting to Heathrow’s executive committee.
- Our Internship Programme requires you to be either working towards a degree where you will take a year out and then return to university afterwards, or already in possession of an undergraduate degree.
- We consider candidates from all disciplines and focus on your individual strengths and your motivation to start your career with Heathrow.
- The aim of the internship is to help you build a strong foundation for your future career. That’s why we provide a structured learning programme, with carefully tailored objectives and training opportunities that will help you develop quickly and in the right way. It starts on day one with a comprehensive induction to the business.
- You will then be able to take part in various courses throughout the year on topics such as personal resilience and presenting with impact.
- To help you make the most of your time with us, we offer ongoing guidance and support alongside lots of opportunities for you to learn from experienced managers and colleagues.
- There are a huge range of career paths open to you at Heathrow, from the chance to progress onto our Future Leaders Graduate Programme to landing a permanent role within your team.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.