Upffront is a small, online marketing and distribution company with ambition! We promote "performance sailing systems" and are building a worldwide sales and marketing infrastructure. The two directors have extensive knowledge in performance marine products and their distribution. The business has just received a large European Government backed loan which allows it to move into an accelerated growth phase.
The company operates from two sites. Our warehouse and fulfilment operation is in Kiel, N. Germany and a sales & marketing plus product development team based in Valencia, Spain.
As an internet business, focused on end consumers, in a very niche field, we see little value in employing experienced industry professionals. We are actively trying to change the way people do business in the marine sector and therefore, with the Directors extensive technical knowledge to fall back on, we intend to grow a young team from the ground up. There will be opportunities for management roles for any individuals showing the drive, enthusiasm and ability to lead others as the business grows.
We are actively looking for a graduate marketer to start immediately. This person will be the first, of many, full time marketers planned over the next 3-5 years with opportunities to develop the role to meet both business needs and personal preferences.
- Manage daily social media postings and develop social media campaigns
- Market analysis and customer segmentation
- Develop direct e-mail campaigns
- Create and distribute monthly newsletter
- Develop product specification tools and resources
- Website content updates & development
- Statistical analysis & reporting
- Customer service and support
Manage and develop affiliate marketing program
- Recently completed, a degree or master's degree in marketing
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Web literate
- Excellent written English (Two written samples along with application)
- Motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter
- Takes initiative and can work alone or in a small team
- Organised, accurate but fast worker, with close attention to detail
- Good people skills
- This business is about our customer's passion for performance sailing. We are looking for employees who share that passion. Therefore, we are looking for marketers who are experienced sailors
- English as a first language is essential for this role
This position will be based in our office in Kiel, Germany.
Please send a CV+Cover Letter and TWO (2) Written samples
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.