SO18 Big Local Youth Development Worker
TWICS core objective is to provide high quality, tailor-made courses to meet the needs and interests of individuals, groups and local communities.
We wish to recruit a Youth Development Worker to develop new youth work in Townhill Park, and to sustain and build on work in Harefield.
- Be responsible for effective quality work with young people from the outset.
- Ensure safe and appropriate working for young people and staff.
- Be able to relate well to the young people in the SO18 Big Local area.
- Implement working practices that support young people taking a lead.
- Develop relationships with young people and adults from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Equivalent of at least 2 years’ experience of developing and delivering youth work with young people.
- Experience of working with community groups and multi agency groups.
- Experience of managing challenging behaviour
- Knowledge of issues affecting young people in neighbourhoods like Harefield, Townhill Park and Midanbury.
- How to use community development principles in work with young people.
- Knowledge of health and safety, safeguarding, equal opportunities and data protection.
- A commitment to enabling young people to take on responsibility for themselves.
- A commitment to and understanding of equal opportunities and anti-discriminative practice.
- Commitment to working in partnership with other agencies for the benefit of young people.
- A continuing commitment to personal and professional development.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.