IT Industrial Placement Student
We require two enthusiastic IT Students to work within our team of 25 staff at the Southampton site to undertake computing support and project work. The multitude of systems at NOC and the complexity of the supported computing environment provide a rich and varied learning experience to our placement students.
NOC IT provides the centre’s computing services using a diverse range of server and storage architectures. Servers are predominantly Linux, UNIX and Windows based including multiple rack-mounted servers; a 1152 core High Performance Computing cluster; a data backup and archive facility and more than a petabyte of storage. Services such as file and print, enhanced videoconferencing and cloud based collaborative platforms are also fully provisioned, supported and maintained by the department and available to all staff.
The National Oceanography Centre, part of the Natural Environment Research Council, is a national research organisation, delivering integrated marine science and technology from the coast to the deep ocean and is one of the top five institutions of its kind in the world. With sites in Liverpool and Southampton, it is the UK’s leading centre for sea level science, coastal and deep ocean research and technology development. Working closely with its partners and associates it provides the capability to meet the needs across the UK marine science community.
The quality of our placement positions has earned us the National Council for Work Experience Award in 2011 and achieving finalist’s status the previous year (http://www.work-experience.org).
- The role within the Southampton Service Desk and Desktop Support (SDDS) team will involve assisting with the management of all aspects of desktop support.
- This includes hardware and software installations, configuration of desktop systems (Windows/Mac OS), printer administration and mobile device support.
- In addition, candidates will be required to provide support recommendations, create associated documentation and generate web content.
- As an integral part of the desktop support service students will be responsible for their own designated support areas, receiving full on the job training and requiring them to undertake a variety of developmental and support projects of various sizes.
- Successful applicants will be expected to become fully integrated members of the support team and must possess excellent communication skills.
- You will be joining during an important transitional period in our IT infrastructure.
- Salary for both 52 week placements: £15,302, based on a 37 hour week – 30 days holiday per annum
- These positions are an excellent opportunity to acquire a range of valuable IT skills and the experience to significantly enhance your post degree job prospects.
- Please email CV’s, including course marks, along with a covering letter explaining why you would like to undertake your placement in our IT department to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for applications is Sunday 25th November 2018 with interviews week beginning 10th December 2018.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.