IT Network Engineer - Bachelor or Master (Graduate)
At Cisco, our vision is to change the way people work, live, play and learn. If you want to work with leading technology and have the desire to succeed in a collaborative, fast-paced global environment then a Cisco graduate role is a great way to begin your career. Working at Cisco is rewarding and fun and we always encourage the contribution of individuals to our company success. Our graduates will work alongside experienced professionals, from day one. If you are looking for a career that will impact the direction of one of the leading technology companies in the world, then Cisco is the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for technology and solid academic foundations in analytical disciplines. Cisco is a strong advocate of using its own networking, data center, and collaboration products and solutions internally; Cisco IT deploys these technologies - the result being that Cisco IT accrues a great deal of experience in how to design, deploy and operate these solutions within a large global enterprise. This kind of ‘reference deployment’ information is crucial for Cisco’s customers, lending credibility to Cisco solutions and the company as a trusted advisor. As a Graduate Network Engineer, you will have the opportunity to get involved in a number of different projects.
Start Date: August 2019
- Use creative problem-solving skills to provide Cisco with advanced, essential business capabilities.
- Developing technical prototype environments and concepts.
- Working on technology areas from Network, Voice, Video, and Collaboration.
- Monitoring network behaviors and pre-configuring for network and voice implementations.
- Identify and work on areas that can be automated to streamline processes within the team.
- Completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Computer Science, IT, Math, Physics, Engineering or similar disciplines preferred)
- Strong analytical mind-set
- Familiar with Design Concepts
- Knowledge of/experience in Networking, Collaboration, Voice and Video technologies, Windows
- Knowledge of/experience in software skills i.e. API calls/REST/Python are an advantage but not essential
- Cisco certifications are an advantage but not essential
- Legally eligible to live and work in the UK (student visa does not apply)
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.