Ladies Junior Assistant Designer
Poeticgem is part of PDS Multinational ($500m annual Turnover) a large global group of companies in the business of design, marketing and supply chain of ready-made garments. The overall parent company HOPFL group has manufacturing facilities in the Far East and marketing offices in the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Latin America and Hong Kong. With an extensive design and quality infrastructure, the group is expanding into other lucrative worldwide markets. The group owns sought after brands – DCC in the USA and Lerros in Germany, which is marketed through 1200 European outlets.
Poeticgem has had a presence in the UK for over 15 years and employs 120+ people. We have our UK head office in Watford and an extensive warehousing and logistics centre in Milton Keynes. Watford offers extensive rail and road links with an impressive town centre, close to the Hertfordshire countryside.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to your Jerseywear Design Manager, you will be assisting the design team across Jerseywear and Casual Bottoms products and will become involved and have exposure to the full design process. This will include researching trends, putting together trend boards, assisting with the ranges and general admin.
- Supporting the design team with producing CADs and Artworks.
- Supporting the team with the co-ordination of day to day activities.
- Trend analysis and comparative market research.
- General day to day administrative jobs
- Supporting the team to meet critical path deadlines.
- Assisting in creating fabric boards and trend packs.
- Creating tech packs
- Making Range Plans after customer meetings
- Keeping track of samples and logging them in
- Knowledge of trend interpretation and current competitive marketplace and product design
- Proficient in design related CAD software to include Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficient in Excel / PowerPoint and other packages
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Exceptional organisation and administration skills, with a great eye for detail
- Commercially aware of product trends
- 28 days holidays
- Private Healthcare Scheme after 6 months
Start date: Immediate
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm with one hour lunch break