Junior Fabric Design Coordinator
Poeticgem is a part of PDS Multinational, a large global group of companies in the business of design, marketing and supply chain of ready-made garments. The overall parent company HOPFL group has manufacturing facilities in the Far East and marketing offices in the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Latin America and Hong Kong. With an extensive design and quality infrastructure, the group is expanding into other lucrative worldwide markets. The group owns sought after brands – DCC in the USA and Lerros in Germany, which is marketed through 1200 European outlets.
Poeticgem has had a presence in the UK for over 15 years and employs 120+ people. We have our UK head office in Watford and an extensive warehousing and logistics centre in Milton Keynes. Watford offers extensive rail and road links with an impressive town centre, close to the Hertfordshire countryside.
- Daily communication with international countries – India, China and Bangladesh.
- Excel Charts to monitor fabric tracking.
- Monitoring costs on fabric – to be cost effectiveness – seeing where best to send a swatch for cost/production feasibility.
- Gathering trend newness to continuously update our international offices so we can source the latest newness from mills throughout the season.
- Liaising with the designers to source fabrics which are customer specific.
- Prioritising fabrics dependant on customer meetings.
- Sending swatches out with full development details.
- Updating designers and managers with weekly updates from mill and fabric status.
- Managing fabrics around national holidays – managing expectations on realistic deadlines.
- Updating old stock with current yardage status
This job is a great opportunity to understand fabric, construction, weights, washes, testing etc. It will also give the member of staff a huge advantage in the design industry. Fabric is the starting point of every season when creating new ranges.
- Have demonstrable ability to work to deadlines
- Have a good working knowledge of customer quality standards
- Professional and confident manner when dealing with customers
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Be able to liaise with offshore production team, both written and oral
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe Suite is preferred
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task with effective communication skills both written and oral
- Benefits: 28 days holidays
- Private Healthcare Scheme after 6 months
Start date: Immediate
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 am to 6PM
Salary: £18,000 per annum