Junior Boyswear Designer
Poeticgem is part of PDS Multinational ($500m annual turnover) a large global group of companies in the business of design, marketing and supply chain of ready-made garments. The overall parent company HOPFL group has manufacturing facilities in the Far East and marketing offices in the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Latin America and Hong Kong. With an extensive design and quality infrastructure, the group is expanding into other lucrative worldwide markets. The group owns sought after brands – DCC in the USA and Lerros in Germany, which is marketed through 1200 European outlets.
Poeticgem has had a presence in the UK for over 15 years and employs 120+ people. We have our UK head office in Watford and an extensive warehousing and logistics centre in Milton Keynes. Watford offers extensive rail and road links with an impressive town centre, close to the Hertfordshire countryside.
- Recently graduated in design, textile fashion.
- Passionate about fashion particularly in Boyswear and design.
- Enthusiastic and quick to learn about the industry and our customer needs.
- Have an eye for design and be highly creative.
- Support, communicate and work closely with the Boyswear Team assisting in day to day tasks such as cad development / Tech pack updates and colour matching.
- Compose and edit PDFs to send out to customers and internally.
- Support design team needs such as completing customer briefs and internal briefs, colour up ranges given and update Tech Packs.
- Help and support Boyswear Design when needed preparing for customer meetings and travel.
- Assist the Boyswear Team in pulling together trend research, focusing on colour and fabric direction, graphic research.
- With the support of the Boyswear team and design manager have the ability to learn.
- Assist garment and graphic research across all areas of Boyswear, jersey, swim, woven and coats.
- Manage and assist sending fabric swatches, garments and pantones colours to teams in various other countries such as Bangladesh, Sri-Lanka, China.
- Must be organised and efficient with attention to detail.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Basic skills required in Adobe suite such as Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
· Excellent time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
· Exceptional organisation and administration skills, with a great eye for detail.
· Commercially aware of product trends.
Start date: Immediate
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm with an hour for lunch break
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Benefits: 28 days holidays, Private Healthcare Scheme after 6 months.