Arlington Fleet Services is based at Eastleigh Works in Hampshire on a 46 acre site which includes 14 acres of workshops.
We were formed in 2004 by a group of experienced railway engineering professionals.
The Company supplies a number of rail maintenance and refurbishment services including;
- Routine maintenance of a variety of locomotives, coaching and other stock
- Mobile services which are the most extensive in the UK including re-railing and heavy lifting, and and wheel set changes on site
- Bogie overhaul
- Heavy repair including collision repairs, re-wiring, interior refurbishment and overhaul
- Paint shop
- Rolling stock storage
- Workshop facilities to other customers
- Train stabling and other related storage
Do you have experience in mechanical and / or electrical engineering, along with working knowledge of rail vehicle heavy maintenance activities? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
- Efficiently carrying out the overhaul of rail vehicles to laid down standards and procedure
- Play an active part in the continuous improvement of product quality
- Tasks will include mechanical fitting and electrical installations and repairs whilst supporting the wider team with other tasks
- Time served Mechanical and / or electrical engineer ideally from Rolling Stock, Aerospace, Aviation or a similar engineering role or qualified to a minimum of City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 or BTEC in Engineering discipline
- Working knowledge/understanding of two stroke diesel engines
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering and depot operations
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental standards and requirements
- Superb problem solving and organisation skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and work autonomously
- Ability to communicate well with other team members
- Forces candidates will be considered, also with engineering backgrounds
- £27k per year
- Monday-Friday (40 hours per week)
- Pension Scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Of The Month Scheme
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Our site does get very cold during the winter months. This role will include low level bending and heavy lifting.Please consider these points before applying.
Recruitment Privacy Notice:
If your application is unsuccessful, the organisation will delete your CV after the position has been filled or after one month whichever comes first.
The organisation will ask for your consent to keep your data for any future purpose and you are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the HR team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy.
The organisation will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and it makes you an offer of employment. The organisation will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you.