Work with an independent rapper!
- Support and help to drive forward artist’s overall vision, strategy and business – including music, marketing, events, merchandising, publicity, promotion and communication
- Seek out and help secure opportunities for artist – events, partnerships, sponsorships, brand deals, etc.
- Represent and negotiate on behalf of the artist with third parties
- Monitor sales, streams, views, fan engagement analytics and other metrics to help create innovative strategies and campaigns
- Bring new ideas to the table and help to oversee the overall team and ongoing running of things
- Seek live opportunities for the artist locally, nationally and internationally – to help grow and develop artist’s fan base, reputation and revenue - includes live performances (gigs, tours, festivals, support slots), speaking engagements and masterclasses
- Develop and maintain contacts within various scenes (venues, festivals, industry events, universities, schools, etc.) to consistently find new opportunities
- Help book artist onto relevant events. Negotiate fees and booking contracts
Promotion & Marketing Manager
- Help grow artist’s brand by increasing visibility, following, engagement and sales - through online and offline channels
- Create and curate social media content – images, videos, posts, contests, etc.
- Promote new releases, events and merchandise
- Seek out and engage compatible influencers - develop relationships, create partnerships and new opportunities for growth
- Increase sales of music and merchandise sales online and offline
- Organise and plan live events – both individual gigs and multi-date tours
- Support event/tour promotion efforts and manage relationships with third parties (venues, promoters, etc.)
- Ensure that life on the road runs smoothly for everyone involved - arranging transport and accommodation, communicating show day itineraries, managing tech-set up, etc.
- Liaise with venues and promoters, manage merchandise setup and sales at events, collect email addresses, etc.
Content Creator (Photographer & Videographer)
- Capture photos and videos to document the process and journey – including photos of the artist, team, fans, live events, merchandise, vlogs, etc.
- Create and edit content for distribution online
- Assist with overall content strategy for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and other mediums.
Street Team Members (multiple roles)
- Help raise artist’s profile through real-world and social media activity
- Flyering, wearing merchandise, selling artist’s CDs and merchandise, creating and sharing social media posts, promoting and selling tickets for gigs and tours, positive word of mouth in the community, etc.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.