Now recruiting Activity Instructors for our 2019 season!
Our teams of Activity Instructors deliver taster activity sessions and an evening entertainment programme to our guests. We are looking for dynamic people who work well in a team and are also happy to get involved in other aspects of centre life from cleaning and serving at meal times to site work.
- Do you have plenty of energy, enthusiasm, motivation and the ability to relate to young people and adults alike? Then Acorn is the company for you! We’re looking for staff to deliver excellent customer service to our guests, whilst instructing fun and safe activity sessions for them.
- If you enjoy mucking in and working hard whilst instructing various activities and also having the opportunity to live in and explore some fantastic locations with like-minded people, then we want you to apply!
- We are ideally looking for people who can commit to working the full season from April – August and have experience of working in outdoor adventure with young people between 7-17 years old
Our qualified roles require one or more of the following NGB Qualifications
- BC Level 2 Coach (Canoe or Kayak) or UKCC Level 1/2 Coach (Paddle sports)
- BC 2*/3*/4* Canoe and/or Kayak
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RCI/CWI/ ML assessed (or trained)
- GNAS/Archery GB, BFA/Go Fencing, BOF, NPLQ, ERCA, LCMLA, NICAS/ YPS Rifles
- If you don’t have any of these yet, don’t worry! We do also have a number of non-qualified positions for those who are passionate about getting a foot in the door of Outdoor Activities.
- All our staff participate in a comprehensive induction & training programme and will have the opportunity to complete pre and post-season training to gain NGB qualifications in different activities.
- You don’t need to speak another language to work at one of our European centres; however, if you can speak French, Italian or Spanish, visits to nearby towns can be a great way to brush up on your skills.
- On top of the rewarding opportunity to help guests of all ages overcome fears and try new, exciting things, we can offer you:
- A competitive seasonal package with 3 meals a day and accommodation available at a great rate
- The use of facilities and equipment in free time
- Opportunities to complete training and NGB qualifications
- Personal development and progression – we love to promote from within!
- The experience of a lifetime, working in beautiful locations making lifelong friends
All applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a UK/EU passport, UK residential address, a permanent UK National Insurance number and a UK bank account. We will be unable to take your application further before they have been obtained. We are unable to apply for a work visa/permit on behalf of an applicant.
A current Enhanced DBS Check or overseas equivalent is required for successful applicants.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.