Outdoor Education Placement Student
4 days left
- Full Time
Take the lead role in managing, planning, organising, promoting and delivering Outdoor Education Holiday Clubs delivered by Youth Options at Itchen Valley Country Park. To manage, supervise and develop staff delivering across party's and holidays clubs.
- Research, plan and design high quality child-centred holiday club programmes
- Oversee the delivery of all holiday club programmes and parties, including the provision, maintenance and preparation of materials, resources and activity areas, the organisation of team rotas, quality control etc
- Work with the Outdoor Learning Manager to broaden the scope and reach of the activities and programmes on offer and manage the profile of Youth Options holiday clubs at Itchen Valley Country Park.
- Coordinate contact with schools, educational providers, and other relevant organisations, e.g. marketing, visits, partner and stakeholder management, and evaluation
- Contribute to the day to day running of operations at Itchen Valley Country Park
- Assist and Lead delivery of Forest Schools and Bushcraft programmes throughout the year
- Work experience that reflects an outdoor learning and youth charity
- An opportunity to develop work place skills and a respected referee for future job applications
- Working knowledge of systems and processes relevant to outdoor learning
- Experience of working with people of all ages in the outdoors
- An overview of the Customer Service sector
- Opportunity to attend relevant training courses including Health and Safety, risk assessment and first aid
- Forest School Leader Level 3
- Advanced Bushcraft Level 2
- Outdoor First Aid
- Over 24 education related Level 2 Qualifications
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.