GRADUATE ELECTRONICS DESIGN ENGINEER
Are you an electronics engineering graduate interested in developing and testing microelectronic devices destined for space? Are you ready to take responsibility for delivering a strategic and innovative project?
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to accelerate your career in industry while applying your technical know-how gained through academic study in a real-world context.
- As a test development engineer, you will be responsible for developing technical solutions for the electrical screening and characterisation of microelectronics devices in the RF domain.
- This will require applying sound academic knowledge and principles in a real world environment and performing engineering assessments of what is realistically deliverable within a production environment.
- You will develop innovative electronic test methodologies by identifying issues and providing technical solutions that demand integrating hardware design, software development and applying signal processing techniques.
Based at Micross Components in Norwich, you will have the confidence to manage and take full ownership of this Knowledge Transfer Partnership(KTP) project - a collaboration between Micross and the University of Surrey. To succeed in this role, you require a clear understanding of both the KTP programme and of the Company. Micross is a global company transforming speciality electronics with the broadest offering of products and solutions destined for aerospace, defence, medical, space and demanding or harsh environments.
This KTP is offered on a 24-month fixed-term contract and will provide you with the opportunity tobecome a technical authority in this subject area.
- A minimum of a Master level degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics or related subject
- Experience/understanding of practical applications of RF & Microwave Circuits
- Interest/Knowledge/Past experience in micro-electronics, space or defence
- Experience in electromagnetic simulation and programming
- Written & spoken English of an excellent quality
- Self-starter who will perform beyond the bounds of the immediate task set, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Substantially enhance your employability at mid-level after successfully completing the post.
- You will benefit from business-based training and career development, including a diverse range of non-technical skills, such as project management and leadership.
- You will be demonstrably pragmatic, efficient, creative, highly-proactive and motivated to embed new knowledge.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.