6 days left
- Part Time
With China being the world’s fastest-growing economy, completing a business internship in this country is invaluable.
Aston offers graduates as well as undergraduates the unique opportunity to explore the Chinese business acumen by accomplishing advertising, marketing projects. This internship is aimed to give interns work experience which will allow them to demonstrate their skills as well as develop them further and learn about the Chinese culture at the same time.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researching TEFL market in China
- Researching Mandarin Chinese language training market in China
- Researching recruitment trends and strategies for China market
- Providing research reports
- Assisting in optimising internet and social media presence
- Website editing, content development
- Bluesky Project’ – A broad-brief project where participants are invited to critically assess an aspect our organisation or suggest new areas of new areas of business development. The project is monitored and assessed, and previous participants have used their projects to obtain course credits.
- Business interns work 20 hours weekly, the hours are however flexible.
- Currently enrolled university undergraduates, graduates, or people who have a keen interest in learning about Chinese businesses, a genuine interest in Chinese culture as well as gaining work experience in China.
- Applicants that have studied or are studying a degree in any discipline.
- Positions are open to fluent speakers of the following languages: English, French, German and Spanish, although your English language must be of sufficient level for communication at work.
- Someone with an easy-going personality, maturity, passionate about Chinese culture and an interest in business, responsible and have good communication skills.
- This internship will suit one with a passion, drive and eagerness to learn about business in China and step into the Chinese working world.
- Ten hours of free Chinese lessons a week
- Free Accommodation*. A private single room and a living/dining room and kitchen, bathroom and toilet shared with other participants
- *No bills to pay, internet, gas, electricity and water are provided, as is the use of air-conditioner below 400 kW/H, anything above this to be paid for by the participant, but this should be plenty for reasonable use.
- Free lunch from Tuesday to Sunday
- Airport pick-up at either Nanjing or Shanghai airport
- A stipend of 1200 RMB per month (enough to cover basic living expenses)
- Free two-day trip to Mount Jiuhua or cash equivalent
- Help with booking train tickets and hotels
Participant responsible for:
Return flight/Round Trip
- New York to Shanghai cost around $675 (US)
- Los Angeles to Shanghai cost around $720 (US)
Single entry VISA
- £151 (GBP) for British nationals
- €40 Euro for Irish nationals
- $140 (USD) for US nationals
- $142 (CAD) for Canadian nationals
- $109 (AUD) for Australian nationals
- $140 (NZ) for New Zealand nationals
Overseas Travel Insurance (optional, but recommended)
Spring 2019 (Exact Dates to be Decided)
Term will begin mid to late February
Term will end around the end of June
Summer 2019 (Exact Dates to be Decided)
Term will begin around the end of June
Term will end around the end of August
Term will begin end of August
Term will end around mid-January 2020
Term dates may vary depending on enrolment.
Our Business Internship Program is operated solely by Aston Language Centre (Wuhu). This opportunity is not intended to recruit participants for work outside Aston Language School and is not partnered with any other organisation or company.
Check our website and FB pages for more info:
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.