6 days left
- Part Time
Aston offers a special language exchange program to learn Mandarin and teach English.
- Teach 10 hours of English lessons per week in our school and we will give you the same amount of Mandarin lessons. (English lessons range from 20 to 120 minutes in length.)
- We might occasionally offer you overtime teaching, for which you will be paid.
- Teaching hours are flexible from week to week, with the total being counted at the end of the month. Any hours in excess will be paid then
- Currently enrolled university students and graduates, or people who are interested in Chinese language and culture
- A native English speaker level of English is required
- Teaching experience an asset, but not essential (training and teaching materials provided)
- Easy going personality, responsible and patient, especially with young children
- The Language Exchange Project is open to anyone who is interested in Chinese language and culture.
- It is perfect for current undergraduates and recent high-school graduates but we also welcome participants who are older and have life and professional experience.
- Free Accommodation. A private single room and a living/dining room, kitchen, bathroom and toilet shared with other participants
- Internet, gas, electricity and water are provided (the use of air-conditioner over 400kW/H units per term must be paid for by the participant)
- Free lunch from Tuesday to Sunday
- Airport pick-up at either Nanjing or Shanghai airport
- A stipend of 1200RMB per month
- Free two-day trip to Jiuhua Mountain (or cash equivalent)
- Ten hours of free Chinese lessons a week
- Participants not only gain teaching experience with us, but have a unique opportunity to study Chinese in very small classes.
- Help with booking train tickets and hotels
Participant responsible for:
Return flight/Round Trip
- London or another UK city to Shanghai, cost around £500 (GBP)
- Sydney to Shanghai, cost around $900 (AUD)
- New York to Shanghai, cost around $675 (US)
- Los Angeles to Shanghai, cost around $720 (US)
Single entry VISA
- £151 (GBP) for British nationals
- €40 Euro for Irish nationals
- $140 (USD) for US nationals
- $142 (CAD) for Canadian nationals
- $109 (AUD) for Australian nationals
- $140 (NZ) for New Zealand national
Overseas Travel Insurance (optional, but recommended)
- Arrive in Shanghai or Nanjing, one of our staff picks you up at the airport.
- Tour of downtown Wuhu
- Observe experienced teachers' lessons
- Basic Chinese lessons (how to order food, how to ask where things are, etc.)
- Dinner out with all the new LE participants, teachers and Aston staff.
- Social events, such as movies, outings, etc.
- Begin teaching
- Begin Chinese classes
Spring 2019 (Exact Dates to be Decided)
Term will begin mid to late February
Term will end around the end of June
Summer 2019 (Exact Dates to be Decided)
Term will begin around the end of June
Term will end around the end of August
Term will begin end of August
Term will end around mid-January 2020
Our Language Exchange program is operated solely by Aston Language Centre (Wuhu). This opportunity is not intended to recruit participants for work outside Aston Language School and is not partnered with any other organisation or company.
Check out our website and FB pages for more info:
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.