Customer Services Technician
4 days left
- Full Time
As a Customer Services Technician, you will be getting involved in all areas of the business. Every day will bring a different challenge using a different technology or tool.
Customer Services are responsible for many things including being the main point of contact for our existing customers, and will therefore be their first point of call for any technical questions they have. As well as developing your communication skills, you will also be asked to perform scheduled technical tasks such as moving databases and writing and running SQL scripts.
Every member of our team is treated as a full-time employee and every role is therefore crucial to the success of the business.
- Customer Communication – Interaction in many forms such as email, phone calls and instant message to promptly and accurately communicate to customers. Excellent customer service is our goal and this is the most important role of a Customer Services Technician.
- Database Management – The maintenance and repair of customer databases mean you will be learning a lot about transactional databases and how to write SQL. You will be asked to employ these skills as part of scheduled work and incoming technical queries.
- Virtual Machines – The creation and usage of many different virtual environments used internally and externally using the latest Hyper-V and azure technologies.
- Software Support – The support of several products designed and built by us and our partners. You will be using remote connection tools such as TeamViewer to be able to connect with customers and answer technical queries.
- Team-working – Working in your immediate team but also with the rest of the departments. You will be asked to help out with a variety of projects from new installations to existing and ongoing project work.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.