- You will be working closely with our Head of Development, playing a key role in ensuring the success of the latest updates to the Prospect 365 platform.
- Other activities often include system configuration and setting up testing or demonstration environments, and assisting with the specification and design of bespoke software developments for customers.
- On commencing your placement, you will receive nearly six weeks of training in all aspects of our product stack and our development methodologies.
- Software Development - Using Vue.js and TypeScript to create components which will be used in our core applications. You will also be creating Azure services and coding backend APIs in C#.
- Configuring of Continuous Integration - Taking a set of code you have created and configuring VSTS (Visual Services Team Services) to automatically build and run unit tests upon committing your work.
- Scrum Team - Being an active part of one of the Scrum teams within the Development department. This will involve refinement meetings where, along with the rest of your team members, you will discuss outline estimates for both core and customer development.
- QA Testing - Completing both unit testing and user testing for projects worked on by other team members of development. This involves locating potential issues and working with the team to plan and implement a resolution.
- As active members of the development team you will work as part of a team following SCRUM and Agile methodologies.
- Successful applicants can expect to gain a great deal of experience working through the full development cycle from systems analysis, through writing the code to testing and delivery.
- During your placement, you will also have access to a full MSDN subscription with a monthly personal allowance of Microsoft Azure credit to play around with for your own pet projects.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.