Alarm Dispatch Operator (Flexible Hours)
We are one of the UK's largest and most comprehensive Alarm Receiving Centres (ARC) and Remote Video Response Centres (RVRC). Established since 1983 we have an excellent reputation within the industry and our highly trained staff deal with a wide range of alarm systems, covering security, fire, CCTV, environmental alarms.
Due to our continuing expansion, we are looking for flexible staff at their Waterlooville Alarm Receiving Centre.
- The role requires the use of computers and telephone systems to provide appropriate responses to signals from remote alarm installations and the dispatch of the emergency services when required.
- You will be expected to answer a variety of inbound calls from both customers and alarm engineers in our busy control room and deal with their requests as appropriate.
- Their main point of contact with our customers and our clients is by telephone, and our staff need a friendly but firm telephone manner, with the ability to take control of what can be a sensitive situation.
- Excellent Telephone Manner;
- Keyboard Skills;
- To be able to pay attention to detail;
- To be a team player;
- Customer Service, call centre or administration experience would be of benefit, but not essential for the right candidate. Progression within the company is through a structured training and assessment process.
- Free Parking
- Company Uniform
- We operate within set procedures using specially designed computer software, and full in-house training and mentoring will be given.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.