Working with one of the world’s leading casinos, West Pier Studio has developed a portfolio of exciting and highly successful games, enjoyed by millions of players around the world. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company on global titles, so if you’re sharp-minded and passionate about making great games, please get in touch.
- The Artworker will act as a bridge between game artist and developer to produce the best looking games on all platforms.
- The day-to-day role will consist of re-purposing existing assets created by game artists to the set asset pipeline for desktop, table and smartphone games.
- You will be responsible for the delivery and quality control of a high volume of online graphics.
- There will also be opportunities for The Artworker to create and contribute their own assets into the pipeline.
- Re-export existing desktop game assets for tablet and smartphone.
- Must be able to follow the set asset pipeline and to find the best way to optimise assets for any given game.
- Display an excellent attention to detail and work to pixel perfect finish where necessary.
- Be fully proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to collaborate with developers to realise a product to completion.
- Strong typography and layout skills.
- Must be very organized and able to adhere to set file structures and templates.
- Be good at problem solving.
- Have mobile experience coupled with desktop & tablet experience
- Have knowledge of HTML, CSS or an enthusiasm to learn the basics.
- Games UI experience and game logo creation.
- Flexible and fair working hours
- Competitive day rate / salary
- Social events
- A friendly, focused and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development with career progression
- Excellent central Brighton location, based a short walk from the seafront, Brighton rail station, the lanes and some of the cities most sought after coffee shops, restaurants and bars
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.