Graduate Recruitment Consultant
Business is booming and we are hiring!!
If like a lot of Graduates I speak to, you are looking for a high reward / high support role with great career prospects and fun, sales culture, then you should consider a career as a specialist, professional Recruiter here at Faststream!
Who are we?
Faststream have been global people specialist in the maritime sector since 1999, providing high-end recruitment solutions from our offices in UK, Houston, and Singapore. Our Clients range from Oil & Gas Companies in the Offshore sector, High-Net-Worth Superyacht Owners to Cruise Companies and everyone in-between! We recruit from Graduate to Chief Executive and Cadet to Captain. Our teams are established, niche and very busy! Our consultants work on specialist desks which enables them to build their knowledge, credibility, and billings quickly!
We had a fantastic first half of the year, with 15 new consultants joining the UK alone! We are looking to do the same in the second half, with immediate opportunities to work in the following teams - Shipyards, Marine Sales, Shipping Corporate, Oil & Gas, and Logistics.
- Our best recruitment consultants spend most of their day on the phone, calling out to new & existing clients and candidates.
- They are building relationships, developing their people networks, understanding what businesses need, looking for problems to solve (versus jobs to fill), marketing themselves and their best opportunities, managing recruitment deals and ultimately, placing great people in great companies.
We have nurtured and developed lots of graduates, recruiters & sales professionals over the years. People join us with degrees from Business Management to Psychology & Maritime, and professions from High Street Recruitment to Estate Agency, Car Sales & Telesales. What they ALL have in common are the same essential qualities -
- Great phone presence - Can get people talking, are engaging and personable
- Tenacious & Resilient - Won't take no for an answer, can handle the knock-backs, will ask questions, overcome objections and stay in control
- Gets People - Understands what makes people tick, how to sell to them and influence their decisions
- Good judgement/time management - You have to make good decisions EVERY DAY about how you spend your time and which clients, jobs, and candidates to work and not to work.
- Restless and Competitive - Strong sense of urgency, makes things happen, drives own results, likes working to targets and wants to be the best.
There are lots of Recruitment Companies in Southampton, big and small, we think we offer the best of both worlds! We are big enough to have a proven name in the market (19 years of financial stability and an experienced management team) yet still small enough (around 100 people) to ensure you are not just one of a number, you receive tailored, sector specialist training and have lots of opportunities for career progression without having to wait for someone above you to move on!
- Our basic salaries start at £18k with realistic on target earnings of £27-30k in year 1, and £35/40k+ after that.
- Basic salaries/OTE's are always dependant on experience and so even if you are currently enjoying a better package elsewhere, still call me - what have you got to lose?
- We also offer 23 days holiday, flexi-time, cash prizes, social events, company car allowance & a phone (on promotion) and many more great benefits, including one of the best offices and views in Southampton. Why not pop in for a coffee this week and take a look for yourself!
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.