The Project Coordinator plays an important role in the implementation of ACN’s Belfast programme. The central focus of the role includes coordinating a diverse range of youth projects with key responsibilities around project and programme development and face to face delivery with young people, whilst ensuring young people are engaged in projects that are developmental, innovative and meaningful. The Project Coordinator will also develop and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders, employers and education establishments, and ensures service delivery for young people is provided to the highest possible standards.
- Co-ordinate and manage the delivery of GOALS project within ACN Belfast including programme planning, monitoring and ensure they are delivered to the highest standard.
- Work with a variety of target groups including NEET/at Risk of NEET young people and provide innovative programmes of support that lead to personal, social and educational development.
- Deliver motivational and inspirational sessions that lead to positive behaviour change in young people whilst providing a range of accredited and non-accredited learning.
- Evaluate and monitor young people and project achievements in line with the funder’s contractually agreed reporting guidelines and requirements. • Assist the Programme Manager and Project Manager to develop new projects, to raise the local profile of the GOALS programme and to develop existing and new partnerships including referral agents and employers
- Provide practical, empathetic support and encouragement to influence positive change within clients through mentoring and group work which advances and improves achievement and supports young people to realise their potential. • Identify young peoples’ issues that are affecting their ability to maximise their futures, and initiate and sustain strategies/programmes of support that assist young people to overcome these barriers.
- Facilitate the participation of young people in the planning, development, design and implementation of all projects available to them.
- Assist in developing and empowering youth centred approach to the GOALS programme
- Develop a Youth committee for the GOALs programme that can share project development and delivery with Big Lottery Fund NI
- Devise appropriate and sensitive action plans to support young people through each stage of the client journey which include: individual meetings, phone calls and other intensive forms of support such as home visits.
- Participate in high quality session planning to meet the needs and interests of the young people, and which support the project aims and objectives as set out by the project funding agreement.
- Work with the Project Manager, north and west Belfast and colleagues to design programmes of work that are focused on the achievement of funders’ targets: such as the number of young people back into education, training or employment.
- Ensure the maintenance of internal electronic and hard copy information systems that record relevant client outcomes and support the requirements of funders and partners.
- Ensure compliance with ACN policies in relation to health and safety, equal opportunities, and working with volunteers and young people.
- Arrange the weekly team rotas and plan the sessional team’s work programme in line with project delivery requirements.
- Carry out all administrative tasks relating to the sessional team including provision of paperwork, monitoring and filing debriefs, reviewing and authorising time-sheets, ensuring the ACN System is updated consistently and in a timely manner.
- Undertake regular supervision of all part-time workers and support them in their personal development.
- Work flexibly where appropriate on evenings, weekends and during school holidays to ensure full and supportive delivery of the programme.
- Deliver programmes within budget and take responsibility for petty cash as required.
- Undertake training in order to develop work related skills and knowledge.
- Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the post, as may reasonably be requested by the Head of Programmes – NI..
- Work with due regard for ACN core values and objectives.
- Ensure the effective implementation of, and adherence to the charities Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Have three years’ experience of overseeing and delivering sports or youth work programmes across multiple sites.
- Demonstrates how to empower groups of young people and build activities and opportunities with them to address their needs.
- Have an excellent knowledge of north and west Belfast in relation to social issues and challenges faced by young people and communities.
- Have an understanding of the sport for development and youth work sectors both in Belfast.
- Have experience in monitoring and evaluating projects and demonstrate understanding and experience of managing information.
- Evidence a skills base in networking and building alliances/new partnerships with the voluntary and statutory sectors..
- Evidence an ability to manage and co-ordinate sessional staff and volunteers.
- Have a level two qualification in either youth work or sports coaching.
- Express a willingness to work out of office hours including weekends and evenings
- Clearly demonstrate an ability to build relationships and deliver high quality activities to young people from north and west Belfast