Graduate Leadership Programme
Fancy becoming a leader at one of the UK’s best-loved brands? With opportunities in every shape and size with plenty of room to grow, especially with the exposure of working cross functionally on business improvement projects, you’ll certainly find your place here in Leicester.
Take part in one of our two-year graduate leadership programmes or develop at your own pace in an entry-level position at any of our sites. We’re always on the look-out for new ideas and exceptional talent. That’s why we offer every graduate leadership colleague mentoring support from a member of our Executive Board of Directors.
At Dunelm you own your career, but we support you every step of the way. Throughout the programme you’ll report to a member of our Executive Board of Directors – someone who’ll make sure you’re challenged and supported, share strategic insights with you and involve you in key business projects.
Our business leadership programme gives you an insight into all areas of the business.
- You will work together as a graduate team, taking ownership for developing and implementing business change projects that will make a genuine impact on how we do business in the future.
- You will develop commercial and leadership skills, all with a multi-channel approach.
- Our leadership programmes last for around two years and will help you build sound multi-channel business knowledge, as well as technical and leadership skills.
- Three months induction working in one of our stores, getting to know the operation and understanding the pressures that colleagues face on a daily basis
- Work on a number of business change projects across the two years. These will be set by our Executive Board of Directors and will be based on improving how we do business in the future
- Work with your peers as part of a graduate team on projects, using each other’s skills and knowledge to deliver the best solution;
- Take part in Dunelm’s programme of leadership workshops where you will learn about yourself and your leadership style;
- Attend four Executive Board meetings, one every six months, where you’ll present your findings from your last six months and make proposals for the future.
- A minimum 2:1 Degree (or equivalent) in any subject.
- You will be self-motivated, resilient, ambitious and eager to seek out new learning opportunities.
- You will have relevant work experience and be able to demonstrate an understanding of general retail principles.
- You will have high standards of written and verbal communication, as well as advanced analytical skills and problem solving capability.
- You must be ready to start the programme at the beginning of September.
- Annual leave days
- Staff discount
- Birthday paid day off
- Charity paid day off
- Share save scheme
- Peoples pension
- Gym discount
- Cycle to work
- Mobile phone discount
- Plus many more from restaurant, cinema, hotel discounts and discounts on fashion retailers!
Closing date for applications: 31st December
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.