HR Graduate Programme
We have one opportunity for a graduate to join K+N’s Human Resources function, and it’s designed specifically for a highly ambitious graduate who wants to fast track their career as a HR business partner.
- The scheme is made up of three business rotations across a range of locations, with your first year spent in Milton Keynes.
- The first year starts with getting to grips with the fundamentals of business partnering, but it’s not about sitting back and going with the flow of things - if you want to achieve the significant career progression that this scheme offers, you need to be committed to driving your development forward and getting stuck in.
- You should expect to work across different shift patterns to support your business area, including travel and exposure to a range of clients, teams, departments and services in a short space of time.
- The HR scheme at K+N is an intense learning and development experience for graduates joining the business, because the future potential of this role is enormous.
- If your ambition is to become a future Head of HR, this is absolutely possible with K+N’s HR scheme, but you’ve got to have the tenacity, energy and commercial awareness to make this happen.
- In terms of the programme, you can expect to get exposure to all areas of the employee lifecycle. The placements will cover three key areas:
- HR Operations – Milton Keynes (12 months)
- Reward and Delivery – Stockley Park (6 months)
- HR Business Partnering – Location TBC (6 months)
- The experience you’ll gain across these placements is substantial, and we’ll be stretching you every step of the way.
- In your initial Operations role you can expect to get involved in all facets of the HR function, and experience specialised areas such as Talent Management and Operational Training.
- Joining the Stockley Park team for six months, your focus will move to policy and return-on-investment, so you can expect to be fine tuning your attention to detail and analytical skills, whilst keeping your eye on the ‘big picture’ of HR at K+N through strategy setting for the upcoming year.
- For your final placement you’ll be in a HR Business Partnering role. This will be a stretching and challenging role but you’ll be mentored by a strong HRBP and the experiences you’ve had on the programme so far along with your business network will mean you’re in the best position to succeed.
- On the HR scheme, the quicker you learn and perform, the faster you will progress.
- If that appeals to you, then so will the fact that we’ve built in a role review in at 12 months once you’ve acclimatised and had a range of experiences in Operations, which will help to define your role over the second year to ensure you’re being stretched.
- The type of individual who will succeed here needs to have strength of character, an aptitude not just for learning but for quick understanding and utilisation of that new knowledge, and a desire to be a future leader.
- As you might expect, this is not an easy role! But hard work will absolutely be rewarded, and you’ll be working alongside and training with K+N’s top HR professionals.
- A 2:1 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
- After the scheme, our HR graduate can expect to have a robust understanding of both generalist and specialist HR functions, and to be accountable to a small function for the full delivery of HR responsibilities.
- It’s an intense programme but you’ll be supported along the journey and we have a six-month development plan in place after the scheme ends to make sure we support you in any skills gaps you may have as you transition into your first role post programme.
- Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme: Level 5 CIPD
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.