The Cook prepares, cooks and monitors three well-balanced wholesome meals a day for between 150 and 300 guests and staff depending on the Centre. Cooks will deliver a high standard of food at all times and adhere to food safety legislations and all relevant policy and procedures.
These include but are not limited to the following:
- To maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the kitchen and Centre;
- To prepare, cook, portion and present meals for guests and employees under the instruction of the Catering Manager;
- To ensure that meals meet client satisfaction targets;
- To deputise for the Catering Manager in their absence or as directed by the Centre Manager;
- To assist the Catering Manager in motivating catering and support staff, setting high standards of leadership and personal hygiene;
- To report any food and catering safety hazards to the Catering Manager;
- To ensure stock is clear from the risk of theft and deterioration;
- To ensure the safety of yourself and others as required under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974;
- Ensure that you and staff members wear the correct protective clothing whilst working;
- To complete daily records as and when required;
- To report safety hazards to the Catering Manager or the Maintenance Manager and Centre Manager;
- To carry out night duty on a rota basis;
- To undertake any training as necessary in line with the company’s training procedure;
- To assist with the smooth operation of the kitchen/marquee before and after meal times;
- To ensure that all company property is kept well maintained and left undamaged at the end of the season;
- Carry out additional tasks concerned with the operations of the kitchen as and when required, as instructed by the Catering Manager
- To play an active role in the montage and demontage of the Centre if required.
- A flexible member of the team to meet business demands;
- A role model to our guests and promote the Acorn experience
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.