Weekend Car Lashers
We are currently seeking a number of lashers to help lash/unlash vehicles/heavy plant during the loading and discharging of RoRo vessels in Southampton docks.
- Your main responsibility will be to lash and unlash vehicles and heavy plant on board vessels in a safe and efficient manner.
- Please note that there is a considerable amount of lifting and manoeuvring involved.
- You will need to be adaptable due to the changing hours and schedules.
- You may be requested to work day, evening and weekend shifts.
- Previous experience would be desirable, however full skills training will be given.
- We work in a safety critical environment and you will be required to attend a Health and Safety Induction with us.
- Weekends £10.81 per hour increasing to £12.19 per hour after 3 shifts.
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.